IE 7

I just implemented https at work and created my own Certificate for this. This is OK as the site is only internal and I just want the connection to be encrypted because all the accounting stuff and so on. After about 5 minutes later, I get a worried call from my boss telling me that the page " may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server". Have a look at the screen IE7 presents you when you don't have a certificate by a trusted certificate authority.


Why would you write such a horrible text. This is totally confusing. If someone actually cares about security he is punished by stuff like this. How can Microsoft claim to enhance security with IE7.
A further remark to the IE developers. When you do Anti-Aliasing do it properly. The text is so blurred it hurts your Eyes to read anything. This has given me the last push to migrate everything to FireFox. At least there the message is informative and there is a way to view the certificate so a user can make up his own mind and is not influenced through stupid little icons.

No comments: