I really don't like outlook.com or this web interface to live.ucl.ac.uk So I though why don't I collect all the mail in my Gmail account so I can read it in alpine. It is quite easy to set up.
- You first sign into Gmail and then click on "settings" (top right) then you select "Accounts and Import"
- Then you need to click on the "Add pop account"
- Enter your UCL address and click next step
- This will fail and you will be asked to add your data manually
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Username: email@example.com
- POP Server: outlook.com
- Port: 995
- And use SSL
But that's it. Quite simple actually.